Saturday, May 14, 2005

It's over

So that’s it. We’re 2Ls now.

Last night we celebrated student style – lots of booze, and quickly. I have never been around so many jubilant people in my life. It was too bad I didn’t get to enjoy it more, since by midnight, I was a disaster. Thanks to those who accompanied me after I darted out of the bar with my hands over my mouth. Sorry Mr. Cab Driver, since yes, that was nasty, but no way in hell were you getting the 40 bucks you demanded to clean it up, especially since by then I had already lost my wallet. And thank you, selfless one, for leaving early with me and staying close by lest I began to choke on my own vomit while sleeping in your tub.

What happened? Not eating a proper dinner, random kind people handing me drinks (actually, I hope they handed them to me and I didn’t just grab them), and relief, I suppose, all converged to cut short the evening. I left before any juicy stuff happened. Any bizarre hookups? Brawls? Love confessions?

And then there were the questions about this. I was surprised that people I know had been reading it, but that no one said anything until last night. Except the guy who asked me during that freaky anticipatory silence 15 seconds before the property exam was about to begin (sorry I lied, but I was caught off guard), and Saucy Intruder, our chattiest visitor.

Alright, time to remember how to have a life again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Intruder said...

It seems someone was sauced then... apparently.

Apparently there was a brawl. I wonder if people are going to chat about it on menlove. I for one want nothing to do with law school for a few days. And then there's the writing competition.

3:51 AM  
Blogger NYCLawChick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home